Sunday, August 4, 2013

ARC August: Update #1


ARC August is a meme hosted by Octavia of Read. Sleep. Repeat.  The goal is simple: read and review as many of your ARCs as you can!  I love this challenge; I usually feel overwhelmed by the number of books I need to review, and this is helping me put them in order.  (I love order.)

My goals, prioritized:
  1. Read 10 ARCs
  2. That will be published in August
  3. Or September
  4. And also coincide with tasks from the Nest Book Club's Summer Book Challenge


And we're off to a good start!  I finished Gated, by Amy Christine Parker.  I was tempted to flounce, but I had no desire to start ARC August with a DNF.

Blog and Goodreads reviews have been posted.  NetGalley feedback has been sent.  Amazon and B&N reviews will go up on Tuesday.

Gated will be published in August, but does not fit an SuBC task.

Let's see what happens this week!

4 comments:

  1. 10 is a big goal compared to my modest goal of 4 arc. But from the sounds of things you'll get it done easy :) It is hard to push on when the book isn't fantastic...

    Anyway, good luck for the next few weeks. Here's my first update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you've finished one book right? Even if it was a sucky "gosh-I-hate-these-characters" read. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your first week! It sounds like you didn't love Gated. I really enjoyed it, but I've always been fascinated by cults.

    Good luck in week 2!

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great first week! I didn't hate Gated but found it difficult to read because of the subject matter--and I was angry at the MC's parents.

    My Friends Are Fiction ARC August Week 1

    ReplyDelete