Monday, May 20, 2013

Me Before You, by JoJo Moyes


Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

Lou Clark knows lots of things. She knows how many footsteps there are between the bus stop and home. She knows she likes working in The Buttered Bun tea shop and she knows she might not love her boyfriend Patrick.

What Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job or that knowing what's coming is what keeps her sane.

Will Traynor knows his motorcycle accident took away his desire to live. He knows everything feels very small and rather joyless now and he knows exactly how he's going to put a stop to that.

What Will doesn't know is that Lou is about to burst into his world in a riot of colour. And neither of them knows they're going to change the other for all time.




I had this on my super-long TBR list, but I didn't really think about when I'd get around to reading it. Not until my friend Marianne -- who has pretty much the same taste in books as I -- raved about it.  Since I trust her good taste, I re-arranged my TBR and placed this on hold at the library.

And am I ever glad that I did.

This is a heartbreakingly romantic story.  One that will tear at your heartstrings and lift your spirits, then bring them crashing down again.  Over and over.

This was me:




I couldn't rush through this book.  I wanted to savor every moment with Lou and Will.  I loved and hated the ending.  It fit the book perfectly, and goodness knows that Moyes knows how to weave a great story and tie everything together at the end. 

If you're in need of a catharsis, read this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment