Saturday, March 10, 2012

The Secret Holocaust Diaries: The Untold Story of Nonna Bannister


Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Goodreads

I got the Kindle version of this book for free.  Thank goodness I didn't pay for it.  There are so many good reviews for this book, and I was very interested in reading this child's diaries about her life before and during World War II.  I was severely disappointed.

This was not written in the form of diary entries, though the chapters were short and it was a quick read.  There was A LOT of repetition.  Had these been a child's writings, I could have accepted and understood how things would be mentioned more than once or twice.  But as a memoir?  The editing was terrible.

If you want to read a well-written work about living through the Holocaust, stick with Night or The Diary of a Young Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment